Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good Stuff

Now that I've been doing this blog thing for a year I have taken some time to reflect on what I've written. Some of it has been good, some of it not so good. Some of it explains why I am completley fucked and other things say "well he's not all bad". I have enjoyed writing all of it and to me thats what counts. Here are some of my best posts as evidenced by the glowing comments and deemed so by me. (Click on the title to read each post)

Sull's Blog Turns 1
How it all began.

The Longest Day
It was a long ass day on the longest day of the year. My favorite story to write.

The Littlest Angel
Story about my brother Derek who died at 2 months old. Grab your hankies.

I Was Born A Poor Black Child
Some insight into my psyche. Don't be scared, its not as bad as I seem.

Where Were You When...
Where I was and what I was doing during some of the biggest moments of the past five decades.

Top 5 - Hangovers
How I haven't ended up in rehab, I don't know.

1992 vs 2007
Baseball and extreme drunkeness. As American as it gets without the apple pie (or Chevrolet).

The Snow Game
True story. More beer, broads and ball.

Tiny Dancer
About the only thing me and Elton John have in common.

At The Beach
Spooky mix between Stephen King and Ray Bradbury.

The Sins Of The Father
The story of laying eyes on my cousin Jimmy (aka Sul-Dog) for the first time in 40 years.

The Breakdown Of Society (Part II)
The Breakdown Of Society
My misanthropic kvetching.

Learning To Glide
Proud dad moment.

The Rink
Coolest (no pun intended) thing I've ever done!

New England History And Hubris
I predicted the Patriots debacle! (Kind of, sort of)

26 + 6 = 1
A bit O' Irish history on St. Paddy's Day.

If you read all of these then you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with. Happy reading!

5 comments:

Suldog said...

You've turned out some decent stuff there, Cuz. Many more!

Vee (Scratch) said...

Good read, I just finished reading "I Was Born A Poor Black Child." This is what I call a really good Boston story.

I'm about to read "Sins of My Father and as I scroll down, I'm definitely going to check out the post on your newest favorite politician. I just think it was smart move to reveal all of those items, before it was discovered or leaked to the press.

David Sullivan said...

Hi Vee! Thanks for stopping by. "The Longest Day" is my favorite, so do me the honor of checking that one out.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Spanky McCloud said...

These are great stories! My favorite was 'The Longest Day'. Growing up on the Cape, I knew all the places you went to. And all the places you drove that day. Wow.