I've been tagged a number of times in the past year and a half since doing this blog thing. I've only responded to a couple. Not because I don't like them, but because they usually take time and thought, both of which in my case are limited. Melinda from Canada, whose photography I've enjoyed for most of my time in the blogosphere since finding her in my cousin Suldogs blog faves, has tagged me.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I born a poor black child. Besides being a memorable line in "The Jerk", Steve Martin's comic masterpiece it is also the title of one of my first blog posts (read here). Ok, I wasn't really born black, but I was as poor as fuck. For those of you who think assistance programs (welfare, food stamps, etc...) are just ways for people to scam the system and not necessary all I can say is "fuck off". Children should never starve because their parents don't have their shit together.
2. I hate hypocrisy. I'm sure most people do. I don't care if you are into bestiality, cheat on your income taxes or love American Idol, but don't put others down for what you do yourself. I despise bestiality and people that cheat on their income tax... Leave the hypocrisy up to experts: politicians, evangelicals and baby boomers.
3. I love being a dad. Not just because my father was a complete douche bag, but because its the only time in my life I have ever felt or given unconditional love.
4. I am good at everything, but great at nothing. One of my former employees asked me once "Is there anything you are not good at" as I was throwing 25 yard spiral after spiral to another employee at the beach. My answer "I don't think so". I am a real renaissance man. The flip side? My attention span is too short for me to ever get great at something. Where were we...oh yeah...number five...
5. I've been to every state, but Alaska. Some of them were no more of a visit than taking a dump in the airport (Omaha Nebraska). I hit most of them during a trip I made across the USA in the summer of '85. You can read about the shenanigans and hilarity of the trek in a series of blog posts titled "The Odyssey" right here on this very blog.
6. I love golf. I am a huge sports fan. I grew up playing sports, watching sports, living, breathing sports. I didn't pick up a golf club until I was 29 years old and I regret I didn't find the game earlier. In high school I thought the golfers were prissy, little wimps and I was pretty much right. The guys were wimps, but the game they played was one of the toughest. I love the fact its all about you. There is no one to blame when you hit a bad shot or lose a hole except you. You police yourself and its your job to enforce the rules. It is a gentleman's game and maybe someday I'll be one...a gentleman, that is.
7. Fall is my favorite season. Being that I have traveled all over the U.S. I have a huge appreciation for living in New England. Fall in New England is my idea of perfect weather. Cool, dry air comes down from Canada washing away the hot, stale summer humidity. The days are warm and the nights are cool to chilly, perfect for sleeping. Quintessential fall scenes include sitting in the bleachers at Fenway in late September with the sox in the playoff hunt. Tailgating in Foxboro before a Patriots game second or third week in October as the leaves are reaching their peak color. Teeing off at a golf course on Cape Cod with the fog and dew enveloping the course and finishing the round in brilliant, leafless, mid- November sunshine.
8. I love Canada! Ok, OK that was shameless kissing up to Melinda who called me "Suldog's talented cousin, David", but how can you not love a country that gives us hockey, beer, Seth Rogan, The Trailer Park Boys, April Wine, bacon, Mounties... and the list goes on.
Now for the tagged:
I only tagged four folks because thats all the time I have for now. Happy tagging!